Pianoro is the first town located in Bologna province in Emilia Romagna Region who finished in 14th place of "Villages' Happy” of Italy. It is the administrative headquarters of the Montana Valli - Idice Savena Union .
Pianoro is a town located on the Apennines in the southeast part of Bologna along two valleys and it presents a landscape of tranquillity and beauty striking in the countryside with a mild climate and turns his attention to the tourists who like to enjoy nature and to those who are sports or enthusiasts trips and bike rides.
History tells us that in this area lived an Etruscan King named Ocno that he was the same founder of Felsina, Parma and Mantova towns . After Pianoro was the protagonist of the passage of Etruscans, Celts and finally the Romans peoples
Bonifacio of Canossa owner of most part of the territory in the eleventh century resided in Castle of Pianoro, destroyed in 1377.
After the Second World War, the territory became the protagonist of continuous clashes between German and Anglo-Americans that due to constant bombing led to the almost total destruction of Flat. The new centre of the village is currently located about 3 Km north compared to the old one.
The city of Pianoro offers to its guests a wide variety of services that make their stay very warm and comfortable in the most and the tourists can taste typical local specialties and delight of excellent dishes of the national cuisine.
Local Festivals are held every year and they can makes the stay of the tourists very cheerful, fun and tasty.
Yet under construction
For registered agencies only
Yet under constructed